Date(s) - 26/05/2022
12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- When signing up, you will be asked to fill in a pre-training survey. This will allow us to evaluate this training programme.
- If you were intending to sign up multiple people, please ask them to sign up individually (otherwise, the survey will ask you to fill in the survey for each person).
- If you have any difficulties filling in the form, or have any further queries, please contact Angela Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- See the footnote on this page for further information about how your data will be used.
HAVING TROUBLE SELECTING A DATE? If you cannot see the options when you click ‘Select A Date’, re-open the page in a Google Chrome browser and try again. If it still doesn’t work, contact Angela Burns at email@example.com.
Between November 2021 and June 2022, WAVE Trust is pleased to be working with Tower Hamlets Public Health Team to offer free CPD-accredited Trauma-informed practice training to frontline workforces supporting residents across the borough. This offer is part of a wider initiative for promotion of mental health and prevention of associated issues.
Staff are invited to sign up to one or both of the following 2-hour modules on offer, both delivered by WAVE Trust:
- Module A: Understanding trauma (this page)
- Module B: Implementing trauma-informed practice (see here)
All participants who wish to receive a CPD certificate will need to fill in the post-training form sent after your training session. You may request to be excluded from filling out this form, and to have your CPD certificate processed regardless, if you wish to by emailing Aidan Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not fill out the form or request to be excluded, we cannot guarantee you will receive a CPD certificate.
What will I learn during Module A?
Module A will result in you having a good understanding of the following areas:
- What Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) are, and their later life outcomes
- Introduction to brain development and trauma
- The importance of attunement and attachment, and how both develop
- Experiences that can cause trauma
- Immediate and long-term impact of trauma on behavioural, health and other outcomes
- The role of PTSD and FASD in behaviour
- Vicarious and secondary trauma
- What trauma does to a person’s worldview
- How trauma and fear affect a person’s interactions with authority
- What protective factors are and how they help us to build resilience
- The importance of a relationship with a key adult
- Breaking the intergenerational cycle of adversity
All participants will have the opportunity to:
- Attend one of our end-of-month Q&A sessions to raise points and queries they didn’t have the chance to share during the training sessions. You can sign up to these here.
- Join a Facebook group to discuss trauma-informed practice with other staff across Tower Hamlets participating in this programme. Join the group here.
- Submit a request to partake in one of two ‘Trauma Champions’ training sessions we’ll be holding in March and June 2022. A Trauma-informed Champion supports their service in whatever way they can to ensure they successfully adopt and maintain a Trauma-informed culture. If you are interested in taking part, speak to your senior manager and email Angela Burns at email@example.com.
Footnote: Personal data will be collected to enable WAVE Trust to organise and provide the Trauma informed training and support evaluation (including surveys and some invitations to take part in focus groups or one-to-one discussions). Your information will only be used for the purpose of delivering and evaluating this Trauma-informed Training Programme. WAVE Trust will not share any of your answers to these questions with your employers or others. Personal data will be deleted by 30 September 2022 at latest following completion of this project. If you have any questions, please contact Angela Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.