Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Service Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Service will protect your personal information and will not share it with other people unless you give your consent.
Tower Hamlets CVS is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and aims to be clear and open about how your data is used. We will not share your personal information with other people unless you give your consent.
This policy explains what data – personal and anonymous – we collect from you and how we use it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Tower Hamlets Council for Voluntary Service, Unit 3.10. The Green House. 244-254 Cambridge Heath Road. London. E2 9DA
Information we may collect from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site thcvs.org.uk and Eventbrite.com. This includes information provided at the time of use our site, subscribing to our services, booking to events, subscribing to our newsletters, surveys, or requesting further services.
- Material that you post or contribute to our site (e.g. in comments or wikis).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site, including which pages you visit and what you do. This is to enhance your experience of the site and for logged-in members to ensure access to restricted resources.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer by a site when you visit it. Basic cookies contain the site name and a unique user ID. The next time you visit that site, your browser checks to see if it has a cookie for it and sends the information contained in that cookie back to the site. The site then ‘knows’ that you have been there before, and can, for example, tailor your experience of the site. More sophisticated cookies allow you to do other things, like create accounts on a site or use an online shop.
Some of the cookies we place on your computer allow you to do important things on our site, like create an account, log in and out, events registration, posting events and job opportunities in our website, and post contributions. These facilities will not work without cookies.
Google re-marketing cookie
Find out more about Google and its policies and principles as regards advertising.
Google Analytics cookies help us to improve your experience of our site but are not essential to its basic functioning. We use these cookies to collect non-personal information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes and to measure our effectiveness. They also enable us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We use also cookies to help us deliver a better and more personalised service. If you are a registered member and you log in, they allow us to:
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
Third party cookies
Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn cookies are examples of ‘third party’ cookies on our site. If you click a function on our website that is associated with these parties (eg to share or tweet a piece of information), they will place cookies on your computer. We do not take responsibility for these cookies, as to make use of these functions you will have already accepted the terms and conditions of use with the relevant party.
Yes. You can use a setting on your browser which allows you to refuse to accept cookies. However, if you select this setting you will be unable to use certain parts of our site and it may not work smoothly.
Different browsers have different instructions for managing cookies and you may also be able to accept certain cookies and not others. For example, you may be able to refuse third party cookies.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We do not store sensitive financial information (such as credit card data) on our servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- Tower Hamlets CVS is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.