Deadline to register: 5pm on Thursday 28th April.
Wednesday 18th May – BoardMatch18: Digital Edition is your chance to recruit new trustees from across ELBA/BIG Alliance’s partner businesses. It will launch on the evening of Wednesday 18th May 2022 via a live video conference during which you will have the opportunity to pitch your organisation to prospective trustees from a range of City and Canary Wharf based businesses. Following the event, candidates will have until Monday 6th June 2022 to submit applications to your board. ELBA/BIG Alliance staff will then work with you to recruit new trustees.
BoardMatch18: Digital Edition Community Partner Overview
BoardMatch is an ELBA/BIG Alliance facilitated event, which provides both ELBA/BIG Alliance’s Community Partners and prospective trustees from ELBA/BIG Alliance’s Member Companies with the opportunity to meet with one another, and for prospective trustees to register an interest in joining the board of the Community Partner. Following the BoardMatch event, prospective trustees have the opportunity to apply to become a trustee of the Community Partners in attendance.
ELBA/BIG Alliance staff members are responsible for managing the application process and for facilitating the introductions. Community Partners then have the opportunity to complete the Interview process and appoint the trustees of their choosing.
Normally, BoardMatch events take place at one of ELBA/BIG Alliance’s member companies, providing you with the opportunity to meet prospective trustees in person. However, due to COVID 19 restrictions, we have gone digital! BoardMatch18: Digital Edition will take place on Wednesday 18th May 2022 from 5:30pm-7:30pm, using the wonders of Zoom technology to introduce you to
In advance of the BoardMatch18: Digital Edition, you will be tasked with devising a 1-minute “elevator pitch” which you will deliver during the live conference call. You are free to use the 1- minute however you please, but we suggest that you consider sharing the following:
1) Who you are?
2) What your organisation does?
3) Why your work is important, innovative, unique and/or amazing?
4) What skills/expertise you are looking for in new trustees?
ELBA/BIG Alliance is offering you the opportunity to attend a “Pitch For Success” workshop on Wednesday 11th May 2022. During the session you will have the opportunity to work with volunteers to devise and rehearse your 1-minute pitch. If you wish to attend Pitch For Success then please indicate this on your BoardMatch18 registration form. Pitch For Success is an optional part of the BoardMatch process and so you are not obliged to attend if you do not wish to do so.
During the BoardMatch event, ELBA/BIG Alliance staff will deliver a presentation to the audience of prospective trustees on the role of a trustee and the benefits of joining a board. You will then deliver your 1-minute pitch. BoardMatch18: Digital Edition will conclude with breakout Q&A sessions, during which you will have the opportunity to “meet” prospective trustees that are interested in your organisation. The event schedule below provides an overview of the BoardMatch process including key dates for each activity.
The Introduction/Interview Process
Following the live launch event prospective trustees will have the opportunity to submit an application to the organisation(s) of their choosing by completing an expression of interest form and returning it to a member of ELBA/BIG Alliance staff along with a copy of their CV. They will have until 5pm on Monday 6th June 2022 by which to do this. Following the close of applications an ELBA/BIG Alliance staff member will send you a list of candidates along with their expression of interest forms and CVs by no later than 5pm on Tuesday 7th June 2022.
You will have until 5pm on Monday 13th June to inform your allocated ELBA/BIG Alliance staff member of your interview shortlist. When you have submitted your shortlist, you will be e-introduced to each shortlisted candidate by your ELBA/BIG Alliance contact and will be asked to invite them to interview.
The standard process for ELBA/BIG Alliance facilitated trustee introductions is outlined below. Where possible, ELBA/BIG Alliance ask that Community Partners adhere to this process, however, ELBA/BIG Alliance appreciate that some organisations are bound by specific recruitment processes and ELBA/BIG Alliance will therefore endeavour to adapt the process where possible. ELBA/BIG
Alliance reserve the right to amend/adapt this process subject to the agreement of the Community Partner in question.
The ELBA/BIG Alliance Board Introduction Process
1) Candidates attend the BoardMatch event where they have the opportunity to meet a selection of community organisations that are recruiting new trustees.
2) Following the event candidates are invited to complete expression of interest forms for organisations that they wish to apply to join and send them to ELBA/BIG Alliance along with a copy of their CV. They have approximately three weeks in which to do this (see below for full schedule).
3) ELBA/BIG Alliance send the completed expression of interest forms and CVs to Community Partners.
4) Community Partners have one week to decide which candidates they would like to Interview.
5) ELBA/BIG Alliance introduce Community Partners to each shortlisted candidate via email.
6) Community Partners invite candidates to interview. Community Partners outline the format of the interview and provide information on any preparation that might be required. ELBA/BIG Alliance staff members should be cc’d on all correspondence.
7) ELBA/BIG Alliance inform candidates who were not successful in being shortlisted.
8) Community Partners interview all shortlisted candidates.
9) Following the completion of the interview process, Community Partners contact all candidates to inform them of the outcome, keeping ELBA/BIG Alliance staff cc’d.
10) Community Partners provide successful candidates with an overview of the process for joining the board of trustees.
11) Community Partners appoint their chosen trustees.
18th May 2022, 5:30pm – 7:30pm
BoardMatch18: Digital Edition opens with a live event including 1-minute pitches from each of the participating organisations and live Q&A sessions.
6th June 2022, 5:00pm
Deadline for prospective trustees to submit their expression of interest form and CV
13th June 2022, 5:00pm
Deadline for Community Partners to submit their interview shortlist to ELBA/BIG Alliance staff
15th July 2022, 5:00pm
Deadline for the completion of all interviews
To reserve your space at BoardMatch18: Digital Edition please contact Jonathan Tait via Jonathan.Tait@thebigalliance.org.uk