Nomination for the London Faith & Belief Community Awards.
This awards scheme, now in its sixth year, celebrates the selfless work of London’s diverse communities and creates an opportunity for inspirational projects to connect and learn from each other. Each year 40 awards of £500 are presented.
The Faith & Belief Forum seek to celebrate the outstanding contributions community groups and charities that are driven by a particular faith or belief and/or serve faith and belief communities. This year they are seeking nominations under the categories of: Health and Wellbeing, Environmental Sustainability, Inspiring Youth, Interfaith Relations, Promoting Inclusion, Supporting Women and Response to Covid-19.
The scheme is supported by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London’s Faith Council and we are delighted that Sir Ken Olisa LL will be presenting the awards at a ceremony in November 2022, hosted at Westminster Abbey by kind permission of the Dean and Chapter of Westminster.
What to do next
- Make a nomination by 5th August – if you are involved in a local project that is motivated by a certain faith or belief background (including non-religious beliefs) or serves a residents from diverse backgrounds then submit a nomination for your work here: www.faithbeliefforum.org/awards. The form should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete. You may make a self-nomination or nominate the work of someone else.
- Inform The Faith & Belief Forum of a worthy project – if you are aware of good work happening in your local area but do not have enough information to make a nomination then please email the name of the project, its website and/or the contact details of the project lead to email@example.com and they will support the group to submit a nomination
- Speak to someone in the team – If you have any questions about the awards scheme that would you like to discuss before submitting a nomination then please call Jessica on 07947 118437
Why make a nomination?
Making a nomination is a great way to thank you staff and volunteers and help unsung heroes in your community.
Each year 40 projects are awarded a prize of £500 to enhance their work.
Awarded projects, recognised projects and recognised individuals will have the opportunity to:
- Attend an awards ceremony at Westminster Abbey in November 2022.
- Meet and connect with hundreds of individuals and groups from across London’s faith, belief and community sector, including Her Majesty’s Deputy Lieutenants of Greater London.
- Gain a free place on an F&BF training workshop
- Join F&BF’s Movement Builders Network and contribute to F&BF podcasts, blogs, and attend F&BF events for free.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07947 118437.