Volunteer Centre Tower Hamlets (VCTH) is delighted to announce the launch of its newest service – the Minority Ethnic Trustees (METs) programme. METs recruits and trains Tower Hamlets residents from BAME communities, skilling and empowering them to become great trustees. It introduces them to local registered charities, creating lasting matches that will have impact.
METs will help your charity:
· Broaden and diversify trustee ethnicity
· Add new skills, abilities, perspectives and experiences at board level
· Increase involvement from Tower Hamlets residents, giving local communities greater voice
· Play a part in addressing race inequality by increasing involvement of BAME residents in leadership and governance roles.
METs is completely free. To qualify your organisation must meet these criteria:
· Be registered with the Charity Commission. Charities of all sizes can join but small and medium organisations are especially welcome, as are minority-led charities. METs is also open to larger or majority white organisations.
· Be committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, with a genuine intention to involve trustees from minority ethnic communities.
· Have at least one trustee vacancy and be able to appoint any new trustee(s) between 1 August and 30 September 2022.
· Expect to be financially solvent for the next 12 months.
· Identify senior person(s) to represent you and participate between now and 30 September. This can be your Chair of Trustees, a trustee responsible for board recruitment, a Chief Executive, or any combination. Your representative(s) will be asked to provide information about your charity, attend an evening matching event in late July 2022, and lead on trustee selection.
Sound good? Volunteer Centre Tower Hamlets would love to hear from you. There are spaces for 12 organisations to participate, so don’t delay. Please email Cath Bavage at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form, or with any questions, as soon as possible.