Date(s) - 24/06/2022
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
As part of the webinar series on welfare and benefits advice, this session will be held on Friday 24 June at 12:30-14:00.
Following up on the first webinar of the series by the BBBC, HLP and the Mayor of London on 19th May on Improving access to benefits, rights and entitlements to contribute to tackling health inequalities in London, this webinar is particularly aimed to meet the needs of social prescribing link workers who working with clients who are facing cost of living challenges with regard to energy costs, fuel poverty, utility arrears.
It will cover the following topics.
- Understanding the current situation, what is happening to energy costs and the effects of clients’ budgets
- What help is available to clients that social prescribing link workers can signpost and refer clients to, including how the government’s support will work
- Case studies of good practice of social prescribing schemes working closely with fuel poverty and energy arrears projects
- Where social prescribing link workers can find more information
- Matt Creamer, Senior Policy Officer, Health & Wellbeing Team, Communities & Skills Directorate, Greater London Authority
- Dan Hopewell, Director of Knowledge and Innovation, Bromley by Bow Centre
- Carolina Castilla Penna, Senior Outreach Officer, London Green Doctors, Groundwork London
- Mokshuda Ali, Financial Inclusion, Empower You Too, ECS i-Connect, Bromley by Bow Centre
Register now and share with your colleagues! A recording will be sent to all registered attendees afterwards.