Date(s) - 06/08/2022
12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Saturday 6 August / 12:00 to 6:00pm / Toynbee Hall, 28 Commercial St, E1 6LS
Toynbee Hall are collaborating with Khem Productions to run a FREE community Heritage Day: A family-centred day out filled to the brim with creative workshops, performances, a pop-up market of black owned businesses & organisations and so much more. The aim is to celebrate black culture and important historical figures that have shaped our world today. We want to empower and inspire our communities by keeping our stories alive. During the day, you will be:
- Guided by a storyteller who will guide visitors through history to share stories, culture, and journeys through time.
- Experience several interactive workshops which include: Amulet Making, African Dancing and Immersive Storytelling
- There will be performances, poetry, and storytelling throughout the event –
As well as a live reading of the play ‘Out of Time’ by Rueben Massiah and an Open Mic space.
- You will be able to visit and support black-owned businesses and organisations in a pop-up market.
- Have your photo taken as you explore traditional Moorish Fashion.
- Hear from empowering leaders share their thoughts on the importance of representation of black communities in mainstream arts and heritage.
To book your place, please email email@example.com or click HERE