Date(s) - 29/03/2022
1:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Multiple date available from October 2021 to March 2022
CLICK HERE to register
You will be required to provide a delivery address for the learning materials to be shipped to. You will need to have a working microphone and camera on the day. This is an interactive course and requires full participation from group. If you are accessing a funded Tower Hamlets staff place, a £20 deposit is applicable when booking, this is refunded following attendance. The standard cost of the this course is £125.
This half day ONLINE course is an introductory session to raise awareness of mental health. It is designed to give:
– An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
– A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
– An introduction to looking after your own mental health
– Confidence to interact with someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
– Insight into the two day course and the benefits of becoming a Mental Health First Aider
What will I learn?
The Adult MHFA awareness course is an introductory 4 hour mental health course
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
– Define mental health and some common mental health issues
– Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
– Relate to people’s experiences and support people in distress
– Look after your own mental health
How will I learn?
This 4 hour session will be a mix of presentations, group interaction, and activities. Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, there is a limited number of places available per course. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some parts particularly difficult. Where possible we will engage service users to learn from ‘lived experience’.
You’ll receive a manual that you can take away with you at the end of the session and an attendance certificate will be emailed to you from MHFA England following attendance at the course. Late joiners and early leavers will not be issued an attendance certificate. the £20 deposit will be refunded following attendance.