Date(s) - 28/10/2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Programme aimed at frontline staff to enable brief conversations with patients to effectively signpost them to relevant local support services
How is the course delivered?
Delivered 2 x 3 hour virtually delivered workshops with some suggested reading and exercises between sessions
The desired learning outcome of the course will be to:
- Enable an improved understanding MECC; what it is, why is it important and impact on individuals and populations
- Introduce concept of behaviour change
- Provide an understanding of key health and wellbeing messages and guidelines
- Refresh communication skills including develop skills for confidently initiating a MECC conversation
- Improve understanding of what good signposting is and local resources
When are the courses?
Tuesday 5th Oct & Tuesday 19th Oct 2021, 1.30pm – 4.30pm (both sessions)
Thursday 28th Oct & Thursday 11th Nov 2021, 10.00am – 1.00pm (both sessions)
Thursday 18th Nov & Thursday 25th Nov 2021, 1.30pm – 4.30pm (both sessions)
**CLICK ON THE DESIRED COURSE DATES ABOVE TO REGISTER**
Attendance at both sessions is must. Participants will require protected time and space, and access to working mic and camera on the day. Participants will be expected to engage in the evaluation process of the programme.
Limited spaces available, register early to avoid disappointment!