This years’ LGBT+ History Month celebration is marked with a series of lunch and learn sessions brought to you in partnership with NHS partners.
This past year has taught us many things but probably the most valuable lesson is how important our health and wellbeing is to us, both mentally and physically. Many of us have faced extremely challenging times, but, it also key to recognise that some communities encounter barriers around health and wellbeing long before COVID 19 dominated our world.
Our hope is that each of our lunch and learn session will give you the opportunity to listen to the different experts and ask questions that may have been difficult to raise in the past. We also aim to not only empower the community but break down obstacles being faced.
- Monday 1st Welcome – A video welcoming you to this years’ events and an introduction to our sessions
- Tuesday 2nd Kooth – Online mental wellbeing support for young people
- Wednesday 3rd Mind – Mental Health Awareness
- Thursday 4th Positive East – A focus on STD and HIV testing from home
- Friday 5th Stephen Freeman – Romford Pride and Lollipop Nights
- Monday 8th Be Nice to Your Noggin – Havering Council aiming to spread awareness of support available
- Tuesday 9th Cancer Screening – A focus on how to check our bodies for signs of cancer
- Wednesday 10th LGBT+ Hate Crime – What is hate crime and how do I report it?
- Friday 12th Ansell Dance – A personal voice
- Monday 15th Positive East – Peer Support Service for those living with HIV and the impact of COVID 19
- Tuesday 16th Mental Health Support in North East London
- Wednesday 17th Studio 3 Arts
- Thursday 18th Be & Do
- Friday 19th A presentation on Chem Sex
- Monday 22nd ELOP – Mental Health service for the East of London.
- Tuesday 23rd A COVID conversation with Public Health – Havering, Barking and Dagenham, Redbridge
- Wednesday 24th West Ham Foundation – Tackling LGBT+ Hate Crime in Football
- Thursday 25th Cancer Screening – A focus on all things cancer from screening to early signs
- Friday 26th Closing conversation – a chance to join and discuss our month