Steering Group Elections for
Health and Wellbeing Forum (H&WBF)
Elections taking place at next H&WBF - Thursday 24 May at PDC
Deadline for submissions is Friday 18th May!
The Health and Wellbeing Forum is recruiting new Steering Group members, who represent the diversity of the Forum
Our Steering Group currently has eight members; a mixture of member representatives from various Tower Hamlets charities working around Health and Wellbeing. We are looking to fill a maximum of six vacancies at the upcoming H&WBF on May 24th to help us ensure we have the capacity and skills to oversee the next phase of our work.
We are looking for representatives of new organisations, social enterprises, faith groups and small community groups, as well as those from some of the larger, longer-established health and wellbeing charities in Tower Hamlets. As the H&WBF in one of the most diverse boroughs of London, we are seeking to bring in more diversity to the Steering Group to ensure we continue to be representative of the sector and its concerns.
If you have an interest in health and wellbeing and are a local voluntary sector provider and would like to make a significant difference to the Health and Wellbeing support in Tower Hamlets, we would like to hear from you.
Prior experience on steering groups and forums is not necessary; THCVS in partnership with VCTH provide training and support to our new members.
We would expect Steering Group members to make a commitment to:
- Attend at least 4 Steering Group meetings and 4 H&WBF meetings a year
- Attend the Steering Group member’s Induction Training session on Tuesday 26th June (followed by Networking Lunch!)
- Come to Steering Group meetings well prepared; Steering Group members are expected to read papers in advance of each meeting
- Take a lead on working as a representative at one of the boroughs strategic boards, by attending 4 board meetings
- Represent the H&WBF by raising sector-wide issues and concerns at strategic board meetings
- Keep the H&WBF up to date with issues arising at strategic board meetings
Positions are advertised for a period of 2 year (term may be renewed).
The roles are unpaid voluntary positions. How to apply:
Please submit your application by Friday 18th May.
Candidates will be asked to present for 2-3 minutes at the H&WBF on 24th May.
If you have any queries about the application process, please do feel free to contact our Partnerships Officer, Peter Vittles email@example.com