Friday 19th July and Friday 26th July 20.00am to 4.30pm
WEN. will be running a free two day course for people who want to learn to lead workshops on gardening for wellbeing, and recovery in nature. This workshop is for people who speak a language additionally to English and who live in or near Tower Hamlets.
You do not have to have any gardening experience to sign up for this workshop, you just need an enthusiasm to become a workshop leader supporting people to improve their wellbeing through simple gardening activities and time spent in green spaces in our borough.
The course will take place on two days over the course of two weeks: Friday 19th July and Friday 26th July from 10am – 4.30pm each day.
Please let WEN know by Wednesday 17rd July if you would like to attend.
If you are interested in taking part please send us a short email to email@example.com saying:
- Why you are interested in taking the course.
- Whether you have any experience in leading workshops, groups, or classes of any kind (this does not need to be garden related).
- What your experience in gardening/ working in green spaces is (this is not necessary to be accepted to the course, we’d just like to know where you’re starting from).
- Any experience you have in supporting people with mental or physical health issues.
- What languages you speak.
- The area that you live.
The training is free for individuals and unfunded groups, but if you are coming on behalf of a funded organisation we would appreciate a donation of £100 for the course. If this isn't possible for your organisation please let us know and we will try toaccommodate you.
We are especially keen to recruit people for this course who speak Bengali, Chinese languages, Somali and British Sign Language. Other commonly spoken languages in Tower Hamlets include French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, German, Russian, Arabic, Turkish, Lithuanian, Greek, Urdu, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Swedish, Hindi, Bulgarian, Japanese, Sign languages (including BSL). We welcome applications from anyone who is a confident speaker of any language other than English!