The council is embarking on a new journey to encourage and empower all those who live, work and study in the borough to play a more active role in shaping their neighbourhoods, council services and the future of the borough. To achieve this, the Council has developed a draft Community Engagement Strategy and Framework. The priorities have been shaped through a wide range of consultation and engagement activities with the local community. The Framework provides a model for a new kind of relationship with local people.
The Framework is underpinned by 4 priority outcomes and an enabling objective which will help us engage better with our community. These include;
1. Communities lead the way in making Tower Hamlets a great place to live
2. Communities have the power to influence issues that affect them
3. Activities to involve communities are focused and purposeful
4. Tower Hamlets is digitally active
5. Enabling Objective - providing staff and community members with what they need to enable great engagement to happen e.g. capcity building, training, online toolkit, engagement network etc.
What you can do to support this
As part of the final phase of engagement, the council is now seeking feedback on the commitments in the framework. You are all invited to view the draft framework and participate in the consultation via the web survey link below. We would also ask you to engage the service users and community members you work with in taking the survey. Hard copies are available on request.
The survey closes on September 5, 2017. It would be great if you and your service users can participate.
The views the council collects will help produce a final version of the framework and strategy. It is expected that the final strategy will be agreed this Winter.