Public Health England’s Immunisation team and Migration Health national teams have worked together to develop a new leaflet to encourage recent migrants in England to get vaccinated. ‘Moved to the UK: are you and your family up-to-date with vaccinations?’ is aimed primarily at people who have moved to England; however it will also be informative for health and non-health staff working with migrants. The leaflet will be translated and available in a wide range of languages.
The aims of the leaflet are to:
• inform people who have moved to England of free vaccinations available to them;
• encourage vaccination by highlighting specific infections that are of particular concern;
• provide practical guidance on how and when to get vaccinated;
• facilitate GP registration; and
• advise on other ways of accessing health care
Prior to launch of the leaflet, it will be need to be tested to ensure it is clear, appropriate and fulfils its stated aims. Have a look at the draft version of the leaflet (attached) and feedback your thoughts by completing a short survey which can be found here: https://surveys.phe.org.uk/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=78KJ4523H.
The closing date for completion of the survey is Friday 15th March 2019.