Individuals are not eligible for grants. This round of grants is open to all eligible organisations, whether or not you have applied or received a grant previously. Opening for July 2019.
Community Tree Planting Grants are open to:
- civil society organisations and community groups
- housing associations
- private landowners who own or manage green spaces
Applications are open to projects in all boroughs and the City of London.
These grants will support local communities to plant more trees in London. They will help maintain and increase London's tree canopy cover and bring about a range of benefits. We are keen to support tree planting in areas where there is currently little tree cover or where trees can help address issues like air pollution, and would encourage applicants to use our green infrastructure maps and tools to help design projects.
The sort of activities the grants will support include:
- community participation events to plant trees in green spaces
- planting new orchards on housing estates
- creating small woodland areas or hedges in parks and green spaces
- starting a community tree nursery to grow trees for an area
- restoring or creating features, such as avenues, in green spaces
This is not an exhaustive list. Projects might also contain other types of planting. However these grants will not support projects where the main focus is street tree planting.
Community Tree Planting Grants of £5,000 - £50,000 are available. You can apply for:
- small grants from £5,000 - £20,000
- medium grants from £20,001 - £50,000
- large scale tree planting event grants from £5,000 - £50,000
Only exceptional projects will be awarded the larger grants. You cannot apply for a grant less than £5,000.
The next round of Community Green Space Grants will be opening in summer 2019.
Check the Grants guide here
Check the Mayor of London website for more detailed info