BoardMatch12: Digital Edition is your opportunity to recruit new trustees from across ELBA/BIG Alliance's member companies. It will launch on the evening of Tuesday 3rd November 2020 via a live video conference during which you will have the opportunity to pitch your organisation to prospective trustees. The prospective trustees will then have until Monday 23rd November to submit their applications to your board. Following the close of applications, ELBA/BIG Alliance staff will work with you to recruit new trustees.
BoardMatch12: Digital Edition Community Partner Overview Overview BoardMatch is an ELBA/BIG Alliance facilitated event, which provides both ELBA/BIG Alliance’s Community Partners and prospective trustees from ELBA/BIG Alliance’s Member Companies with the opportunity to meet with one another, and for prospective trustees to register an interest in joining the board of the Community Partner.
Following the BoardMatch event, prospective trustees have the opportunity to apply to become a trustee of the Community Partners in attendance. ELBA/BIG Alliance staff members are responsible for managing the application process and for facilitating the introductions. Community Partners then have the opportunity to complete the interview process and appoint the trustees of their choosing.
Normally, BoardMatch events take place at one of ELBA/BIG Alliance’s member companies, providing you with the opportunity to meet prospective trustees in person. However, due to COVID 19 restrictions, we have gone digital! BoardMatch12: Digital Edition will take place digitally on Tuesday 3rd November 2020, using the wonders of modern technology to introduce you to prospective trustees.
The event will kick off at 5:30pm on 3rd November 2020 with a live video conference during which, ELBA/BIG Alliance staff will deliver a presentation to an audience of prospective trustees on the role of a trustee and the benefits of joining a board. In advance of the event, you will be tasked with devising a 1 minute “elevator pitch” which you will deliver during the live conference on the 3rd November (see pitch guidance sheet for instructions). You will then have the opportunity to “meet” prospective trustees during a live Q&A session. The event schedule below provides an overview of the BoardMatch process including key dates for each activity.
The Introduction/Interview Process
Following the live launch event prospective trustees will have the opportunity to submit an application to the organisation(s) of their choosing by completing an expression of interest form and returning it to a member of ELBA/BIG Alliance staff along with a copy of their CV. They will have until 5pm on the 23 rd November in which to do this. Following the close of applications an ELBA/BIG Alliance staff member will send you a list of candidates along with their expression of interest forms and CVs. You will have until 5pm on the 30th November to inform your allocated ELBA/BIG Alliance staff member of your interview shortlist. When you have submitted your shortlist, you will be eintroduced to each shortlisted candidate by your ELBA/BIG Alliance contact and will be asked to invite them to interview.
The standard process for ELBA/BIG Alliance facilitated trustee introductions is outlined below. Where possible, ELBA/BIG Alliance ask that Community Partners adhere to this process, however, ELBA/BIG Alliance appreciate that some organisations are bound by specific recruitment processes and ELBA/BIG Alliance will therefore endeavour to adapt the process where possible. ELBA/BIG Alliance reserve the right to amend/adapt this process subject to the agreement of the Community Partner in question.
The ELBA/BIG Alliance Board Introduction Process
- Candidates attend the BoardMatch event where they have the opportunity to meet a selection of community organisations that are recruiting new trustees.
- Following the event candidates are invited to complete expression of interest forms for organisations that they wish to apply to join and send them to ELBA/BIG Alliance along with a copy of their CV. They have three weeks in which to do this.
- ELBA/BIG Alliance send the completed expression of interest forms and CVs to Community Partners.
- Community Partners have one week to decide which candidates they would like to Interview.
- ELBA/BIG Alliance introduce Community Partners to each shortlisted candidate via email.
- Community Partners invite candidates to interview. Community Partners should outline the format of the interview and provide information on any preparation that might be required. ELBA/BIG Alliance staff members should be cc’d on all correspondence.
- ELBA/BIG Alliance inform candidates who were not successful in being shortlisted.
- Community Partners interview all shortlisted candidates.
- Following the completion of the interview process, Community Partners contact all candidates to inform them of the outcome, keeping ELBA/BIG Alliance staff cc’d.
- Community Partners provide successful candidates with an overview of the process for joining the board of trustees.
- Community Partners appoint their chosen trustees.
- 3rd November 2020, 5:30pm-7:30pm BoardMatch12: Digital Edition opens with a live launch event including 1-minute pitches from each of the participating organisations and live Q&A sessions.
- 23 rd November 2020, 5:00pm Deadline for prospective trustees to submit their expression of interest form and CV
- 30th November 2020, 5:00pm Deadline for Community Partners to submit their interview shortlist to ELBA/BIG Alliance staff
- 23rd December 2020, 5:00pm Deadline for the completion of all interviews
To reserve your space at BoardMatch12: Digital Edition please complete the BoardMatch12 registration form and return it to your ELBA/BIG Alliance contact.
If you have any questions or queries about the information contained in this document then please contact Jonathan Tait via Jonathan.Tait@elba-1.org.uk