The Prime Minister announced strict new curbs on life in the UK. The advice is clear – stay at home to protect our NHS and save lives. Only leave your home if absolutely necessary.
You can only leave your home:
- to shop for basic essentials – only when you really need to
- to do one form of exercise a day – such as a run, walk or cycle, alone or with other people you live with
- for any medical need – for example, to visit a pharmacy or deliver essential supplies to a vulnerable person
- to travel to and from work – but only where this is absolutely necessary.
NHS advise about coronavirus including:
- Online symptom checker
- Stay at home and away from others full guidance
- Stay at home advice if you have symptoms
- Stay at home advice for people at high risk
Doctors of the World have created a Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for patients in 20 languages, which were produced in partnership with the Red Cross, Migrant Help and Clear Voice: The guidance is based on the government’s updated advice and health information. Download the guidance here
Gov.uk - Updates on the government response.
- Guidance on social distancing for everyone in the UK and protecting older people and vulnerable adults
- Stay at home: guidance for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
- Guidance for hostel or day centres for people rough sleeping
- Support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses
- Travel Advice: Guidance for British people travelling and living overseas during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.